You haven’t truly experienced Woodlands County until you’ve been tubing on the McLeod River, a local recreational favourite.
Set sail at the Woodlands County tubing access “Put In” site located along West Mountain Road just outside of Whitecourt.
From there, your trip should take approximately 2.5 hours, depending on water and weather conditions.
Just sit back, relax and see what all the fuss is about.
- A good quality tube
- Life jacket
- Drinking water
- Water shoes
- Rope to tie tubes together
- Waterproof container for phones and first aid supplies
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Float plan
- Keys to your vehicle at the Take Out location
How to get there - Follow the signage:
- From Whitecourt, take Hwy 43 to West Mountain Road
- Continue on West Mountain Road (Range Road 122), which bends into Twp Rd 593A.
- Parking, washroom, and garbage on the right.
NOTE: The Tubing Put In site is now accessible and stairs have been reinstalled. Staff continue to work on cleaning the area and restoring the site. Use at your own risk and be cautious of unseen hazards near the riverbank.